Cauliflower is the new kale. Or was the kale all along. Basically I am obsessed with it and just recently did my beauty foods research and learned it's chock full of the antioxidant Vitamin C and natural body detoxing properties. Perfect for healthy skin and mind!
Currently I am cooking my vegetables (a tip from a dietician to keep my body warm in this harsh NYC winter) and my favorite way to eat it is to basically blast it with high heat, get it a little crunchy and throw some truffle salt and olive oil on it, and eat it as a snack, like popcorn, but WAY healthier and less carb-centric for those with allergies or getting ready for a bikini. Super easy, all you do is:
- Finely chop a full head of cauliflower, making sure to keep the little florets in tact.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees or higher.
- Place cauliflower on a roasting pan in oven, DRY for 20 minutes! Keeping it dry is key to ensuring a good crisp.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with a bit of oil and salt flavor of your choice.