Can you tell I like to eat a lot of eggs and avocados? They are healthy, protein dense, great healthy fat sources, and easy to make. I've also been more conscious of how much meat I want to eat and eggs are a great replacement. They are also so versatile. Can go savory or sweet and can be made three million ways.
Anyway, more on the BLTA (Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado) Frittata. It's a great "pizza" replacement and good to make ahead for busy mornings. Just slice and go.
- 6 organic eggs
- 6 slices of turkey bacon
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach
- olive oil
- *Red Pepper flake for a little kick
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Slice bacon into inch size bits, par fry in a tsp of olive oil in nonstick, oven safe skillet for 3 minutes.
- Add beaten eggs, sliced tomatoes on medium heat. Cook until almost halfway, add chopped spinach, place in oven.
- Bake skillet with contents in oven for 10 more minutes or until done. If not sure, stick a knife in middle. If the knife is clean, she's done.
- Remove from oven, let cool, add sliced avocado and crunchy sea salt
- Slice like a pie, serve over fresh spinach leaves.
- Eat it all in one sitting!
photos by me.