There a million and one ways to make avocado toast, but by far, this one reigns superior!It's all about the mix of simple ingredients, the crunch of the sea salt, and the chewy bread. My husband gets more excited about eating this for dinner than often times going out. It's the little simple things right? We eat this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Food for Life Brown Rice Gluten, Soy, Yeast, and Sugar Free bread. (more on that below)
- Red Pepper Flake
- Maldon Sea Salt Flakes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Farm Fresh Eggs
- Slice 1 half avocado
- Add shallow water to a sauce pan and reach a soft boil. Add the egg poaching cup to water. Crack egg into cradle. Ensure water covers the entire egg. This will take about 3 mins to achieve.
- While poaching egg is poaching, triple toast the Food for Life Rice Bread to achieve the perfect crunch on the "outside, chewy on the inside" texture.
- Once bread is toasted, add to plate and drizzle with EVOO, ensuring coverage as you would butter.
- Add avocado slices.
- Remove poached egg and drain any excess water. Add to top of avocado pile.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flake, a pinch full of Maldon Sea Salt Flakes, and pepper.
- Slightly crack egg so yolk runs into avocado and toast.
- Devour. Maybe make another one.
*Why Food for Life Brown Rice bread? It doesn't have any of the nasty crap that has been making me sick lately (gluten, soy, sugar, yeast) and it's seriously the most perfect bread ever, I am convinced. I find mine at Whole Foods.
** I am not being paid by Food for Life to write this either. It's seriously the cat's pajamas.