Simple Travel "Wrawps"
I'd rather starve than eat airplane food. It's full of preservatives, salt, unknown fat sources, and really, it's unclear if we can even call it "food". I am that girl who packs a full meal for the plane due to these reasons, also for vanity purposes - I don't like to be bloated when reaching my destination. One of my favorite things to pack is a wrap full of healthy vegetables, protein and nuts. It's a nutritious meal, and easy to eat without having to pull out a knife and fork. Great for travel, on the go meals. This particular "Wrawp" was inspired my leftover coconut tumeric chicken and raw ranch dressing, using all the ingredients I had leftover and wanted to clean out my fridge before a trip. You can use any tortilla or carb less wrap as the container. My favorite are from the health food store, WrawP's that are gluten free, vegan, low in sugar delicious little things from heaven especially for someone who had just come off of a 14 cleanse.
- Any kind of wrap: tortilla, Wrawp's, Collard Greens
- Protein: I chose chicken. You can add beans for vegetarian, nuts, quinoa.
- Veggies: I used kale, red cabbage - things that don't get "wet"
- Extras: I added pumpkin seed oil, my raw ranch dressing, pumpkin seeds
- Spices: I love to spice things up. I added cayenne and a dash of sea salt
Get the latest posts straight to your inbox:
- Lay out "wrawp" on parchment paper or foil to hold wrap in place
- Add kale or dense leafy green vegetable as base.
- Add handful of chopped protein. Make sure all is chopped and easy to "bite off".
- Add cabbage, drizzle with sauces, extras, and spices.
- Wrap up like a burrito and store! It's almost better when it's had a few hours to marinate.
- Write name on it so you know who's is who's... or just because it's cheesy cute.
- Eat em up, style!