8 Reasons to Get the Fitbit Over the Fuelband
Data tracking devices are all the rage these days and it's not just fitness data-control freaks wearing them - queue in fashion folks. I've been a fan of the Fitbit for a few years now, but the original clip-on device they first launched kept getting away from me (in random jacket pocket, drowned in the washer, buried in a suitcase). Suffice to say, I wasn't very good as keeping tabs on it, so it's been awhile since I've worn one. Living in New York City, you would think one wouldn't need to log their footsteps, being that it's an obvious I am hoofing it 10x more than when I was in Seattle, especially with my 6 floor 3x daily stair climb. Nope. Not even close. I really have to try to get my 10k footstep goal. Seeing the data is more motivation for me to take the dog on a few more walks. Jump on the elliptical at the gym for an hour while reading magazines, and even walking from place to place instead of subway or cab.
If you are in the market for a fitness tracking band and there is any question in your mind between the Nike Fuel and the Fitbit Flex, I would definitely suggest the Fitbit. Why?
Get the latest posts straight to your inbox:
- It's more sleek and discreet. No logos, no gaudy flashing lights unless you reach your goals.
- They look like a Celine architectural bracelet from the Summer 14 collection.
- The Fitbit is more comfortable as it's a softer rubber like material that form fits your wrist.
- It tracks water intake, weight, and food intake. *although entering manually, and need a digi scale.
- In a side by side study, the Fitbit was more accurate in tracking than the Nike.
- It can be an alarm clock!
- It's less expensive, by $50 or more.
- You and I can be "friends" and follow each other and create healthy competition for steps!
The last one is enough of a reason right? Get one on Amazon - it's usually better priced and if you have PRIME you get it really quick!